Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Through my Daughter's Eyes

I always wanted glasses growing up, but was blessed with 20/20 vision. Why is it if you want straight hair you get curly, if you want curly you get straight? And if you want glasses you have perfect vision, but if you don't want glasses you need them? That's what we encountered this week...we found out that Makenzie needed glasses. I was excited...but she was not. She dreaded the phone call saying her glasses were in. When we arrived at the mall she again confirmed that she was not excited about picking them up and loathed the idea of wearing them everyday ALL day. That was until she put them on, she immediately exclaimed that she could see everything so clearly; better than she ever had before! She began reading everything in the room and for the next 7 hours she read and pointed out everything around her. (She didn't quit marveling until it was time for bed.) She wanted to share what she was experiencing with me. She was discovering the world for the very first time in all its crisp colorful glory, just the way God created it. I was worried that she might get a headache as eyes are so delicate and sensitive, I wasn't sure how these new glasses would initially affect her. But she refused to have her eyesight taken away. She had been without it for 10 years and she wasn't about to go another minute without it.
I have taken for granted the good health the Lord has bestowed upon me. I have always been able to see each leaf on an oak tree and each blade of grass in a field. I have noticed on numerous occasions the moon out in the middle of the day. But today I got to see all those things through my daughter's eyes...what a completely awesome experience, that I will not soon forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment