Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tiny Treasures






I was hit or miss on writing a Christmas letter for years. It's only in the past two years that I've become consistent. Even if everyone else only uses it to light a fire in their fireplace. I love reading them from time to time. I have a special box with tiny treasures, wine corks with dates and places written on them, beach glass, dried flowers ... you know, pieces of this and that which wouldn't mean diddly to someone else... but to me they're priceless. A picture, a stamp, a piece of fabric... they all bring me back to that moment in time and I feel all those good feelings rush over me. This year's letter is written and my copy has been added to the box. Everyone else will have to wait for us to round up the kids for a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment